There’s a word God had been tossing my way — immunity. I kept asking him, “What do you want me to do with immunity?” I finally figured it out while working on a project that required me to consider how I would counsel a friend or colleague who’s fallen into sexual sin.
God was reminding me of this truth: There is no such thing as immunity from sexual sin.
New Christian, older Christian. Lukewarm Christian, on-fire Christian. Growing Christian, barely moving Christian. Sexual sin can happen to anyone.
No one is immune . . .
No matter where we are in our spiritual journey, if we’re married, we need to pay heed to the fact we’re susceptible to temptation. Subtle Holy Spirit nudges — like the yellow flags officials toss onto a football field — can alert us to when we’re walking down the wrong path. We have a choice: We can ignore these warnings, or we can put up a protective net and move away from a dangerous situation.
So ask yourself the following:
- Do I feel closer to my spouse today than yesterday?
- Do I think about someone of the opposite sex more often than my spouse?
- Do I share lunches or dinners with someone of the opposite sex?
- Do I have meetings by myself with someone of the opposite sex?
- Do I flirt with someone who is not my spouse?
- Do I extend touches on the hand, arm, or shoulder to someone of the opposite sex, or allow them to touch me?
Remember, when you think you’re safe, you’re not. Deception is always subtle.
Copyright © 2016 Sheri Mueller, Growthtrac Ministries