▸ Are you an Artist?
To pitch a story idea or submit a feature for Marriagetrac, please complete the form below. For more information on what we’re looking for, read ▸ About Our Authors
- Each application will be reviewed for compatibility with Marriagetrac’s values and standards.
- We do not publish sponsored (guest) posts; or sponsored links.
- All published content is at the sole discretion of Growthtrac Ministries and we reserve the right to refuse any content for any reason.
- Marriagetrac will not host inappropriate advertising or publish content related to (as deemed by site management) adult/sexual content, alcoholic beverages, cosmetic surgery, dating services, dieting, adult intimacy products, gambling, health supplement products, investment and mortgage services, legal services, long distance services, multi-level marketing and work at home businesses, referral marketing, income opportunities, non-faith-based businesses, political/dogmatic commentary, specific medical conditions or therapy.
Also, please read ▸ Editorial Compatibility.
Please look over our writer’s guidelines below. We welcome new writers but obviously prefer to use those with previous journalism/writing experience.
- Articles are 800 to 1,500 words. Longer pieces may be divided into a series across several pages.
- Articles are automatically archived.
- Submissions to the website are on a donation basis (byline and bio are compensation).
- Articles may be edited for length, grammar, content, style, and tone.
- We are interested in developing long-term author relationships.
- If you are a published journalist interested in submitting an excerpt from your book, please provide your publisher’s PR contact.
- ▸ Please note all content will be reviewed and may be adapted (with author approval) by our editor.
- ▸ Please note we reserve the right to reject submissions based on promotional links contained within the article.
- ▸ Please note with the exception of the author’s website or book, we will not promote any organization or product.
We request you do not send unsolicited submissions. First, please click and read the above Editorial Compatibility and About our Authors.
more about our content & authors
Marriagetrac seeks to provide realistic, challenging and practical insights into healthy Christian marriage. We offer hope and help to our readers through practical how-to pieces; interviews; humorous articles; true-life, dramatic stories of couples dealing with major life challenges; thoughtful essays; and couple profiles.
We begin with the premise that marriage is a life-enhancing gift from God. We are solidly rooted in biblical truth, but our approach to sharing that truth is somewhat different from other Christian sites. The principles we communicate — lifelong commitment, sexual fidelity, mutual sacrificial love, mutual respect — are taken from Scripture, but we use everyday language to communicate those principles.
We recognize there are a number of legitimate models for successful and God-honoring marriage; therefore, we avoid dogmatic, legalistic advice. While we want to show how God’s grace and redemptive power can work in our readers’ lives, we also recognize that staying married in today’s culture can be a difficult and complex challenge. The answers aren’t always easy — but God sees us through.
We want our readers to “see” themselves in the articles we publish. Our readers are busy raising kids and juggling jobs . Many of our readers are newly-married or engaged to be married. Our readers are concerned with finances, communication, church involvement, time management, parenting, sex, conflict management — everyday, nitty-gritty issues. Rather than presenting an idealized portrait of marriage and family, we work hard to present a realistic image of life that makes our readers say, “Yes, that’s how it is with us!”
Writers who can communicate with freshness, clarity and insight will receive serious consideration. We are looking for writers who are willing to candidly speak about their own marriages. We strongly urge writers who are interested in contributing to Marriagetrac read several of our articles to become thoroughly acquainted with our tone and slant.